Denise, Monica and Graeme, too!

Monday, May 09, 2005

Happy Belated Mother's Day!

So, I took a couple days off from blogging. Saturday we had a busy day. Grammy, Monica and I did a little bit of shopping. I don't think we actually bought anything, but we searched the east end of the city for a folding rocking chair "type thing". Monica is very VERY picky about everything and it would be handy to have a portable rocking chair for when we go away someplace. I'm sure I have seen these before, but thus far have been defeated in the search for one. I'll keep looking. If anyone has any good ideas for me as far as where to look or, God forbid, how to build one let me know.

We then went for a coffee at the "Second Cup". Monica likes this place. Grammy had a cappuccino, I had a caramel coretto (yum) and Monica had her milk, much to her disappointment. Then we went to 5:00 mass. Monica behaved very well except for a period of giving everyone very loud and wet "raspberries".

AND yesterday was the big day. My first Mother's Day! Monica, with help from Grammy, gave me a lovely card that she even signed herself. Grampa, Grammy, Auntie Angela, Levi, Monica and myself (Johnny was sick so he and Uncle Todd stayed home) went to the Hotel Sask. for brunch. It was great. After that we went to the cemetary to put some daisies down for great-grandma (my grandma). The weather was pretty decent so we spent some time out there while Monica slept in the car. Next, it was onto Wal-mart (you knew there had to be a trip to Wal-mart in here somewhere, right?). Monica got some new pants and shirts, and some more 'Winnie the Pooh' decals for her walls.

The day ended with a KFC Mother's Day supper (no expense spared) and a screaming Monica in the bath followed by a screaming, over tired Monica who went to bed with Mum-mum around 7:15pm. She is getting earlier every night with her bedtime. I assume it has something to do with her not having any GOOD sleeps during the day.

Well, I'm going to have to wrap this up here. Monica's patience ran out a couple minutes ago. We have another appointment this afternoon at the General Hospital with the O.T., so it's going to be another full day for Monica.

We hope everyone has a good day and that all the mother's had a wonderful day yesterday!

-Denise & Monica

1 Comments:

  • At 9/5/05 11:46 AM, Blogger Cameron83 said…

    Hi Denise,
    Congratulations on your first Mother's Day! I am very sure, that you will always remember this special day, one of many.

    Cam

     

Post a Comment

<< Home