Denise, Monica and Graeme, too!

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

So, not much going on. I just thought that picture was worth a post!

It has been summer for about 3 weeks straight, now. Anyone else wondering when it is going to end? Best enjoy it when we can...and enjoy it, we are!

I got Monica her first backyard pool ($9!!)on the weekend and she has spent the last 2 days in it. I will get a picture of it. It is very cool. It is a big, purple elephant. You hook the hose up inside it's trunk and it shoots out a fountain of water into the pool. I didn't have a pool that cool when I was growing up. In fact, ours collapsed and leaked all the water out, if you leaned up against the side! I think we're going to have to invite 3 special cousins over to test out the pool.

Well, that's about all I've got. I'm still looking for some children for my home childcare. I have gotten a few calls, but either our schedules don't mesh, we're not in the right part of the north west or they tell me they are going to come over to meet us and, then, they don't show. It is somewhat frustrating, but I'm sure the right people will come along. I do have fliers to put up places, which I hope to get around to doing tomorrow.

I've been working on getting the house ready to go for the children. I've got a bunch of games, puzzles, art supplies, toys and a day plan made up. I also have information sheets, health sheets and an activity book, full of colouring pages and crafts, prepared. Of course, I can only do so much prior to starting childcare, as funds are limited until I can get some extra income coming in.

This weekend, we are moving the sheds around in the yard to make room for a swing set, slide and hopefully a water/sand activity table. I've been doing some window shopping and I think I can afford these extra things for the yard. Having outdoor activities is very important, especially in the summer. So, hopefully, by the next time we have some interested people come over, the house (and Monica and I, of course!) will appeal to the children and their parents.

Ok, I think my beef stroganoff is done, so I better get going.

Take care, everyone!

-Denise & Monica

8 Comments:

  • At 11/7/06 3:50 PM, Blogger b0rt said…

    HAH! First to reply! So what exactly is a "pig, purple elephant" anyways? I've never heard of such a beast. But please, if you have pictures, DO share! :)

    Anyway... Just a thought, if you wish to take care of children, something good to get would be a first aid course. They aren't that expensive and only take a few days. CPR or something else would definitely help, especially for those parents that may be a bit weary. Just a thought...

     
  • At 11/7/06 3:55 PM, Blogger Denise said…

    I have first aid/cpr because of my nursing and dental assisting...so, got that covered...thanks though!

     
  • At 11/7/06 3:56 PM, Blogger Denise said…

    That should be "BIG". I'll edit that for those people who may get confused...Jason!

     
  • At 11/7/06 4:39 PM, Blogger b0rt said…

    Hey, I just wanted to see the picture man! If you can find a pig purple elephant.

     
  • At 11/7/06 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thought I had entered my comment, but I guess not.
    Great picture of little Monica. Yes, those special cousins will love her new elephant pool.
    Talk to you tomorrow.
    Mum (Gammy)

     
  • At 11/7/06 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lucky cousins. I wanna pool!

     
  • At 11/7/06 7:51 PM, Blogger Denise said…

    Well, you know where to find one!

     
  • At 13/7/06 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, there you are in your elephant pool little Monica. What a lucky girl you are! Try not to drink the pool water though. You were doing that last evening, weren`t you?
    Gammy C

     

Post a Comment

<< Home