Denise, Monica and Graeme, too!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

L-o-o-ove that ice cream!

So, it's summer and it's actually hot! Which means...ice cream and lots of it! Monica has been enjoying ice cream cones and all the mess that comes with them. That is, until she realizes that she's sticky...she hates being sticky.

Well, we have been making the most of the hot weather. We have made two trips out to Regina Beach. Both times, we have experienced good weather. Now, if it wasn't for those darn deer flies. Those things are nasty and they swarm!

We took in the Canada Day festivities this weekend. Char and Devon were in town. I haven't seen Char since before Monica was born so it was nice to get the chance to catch up.

We headed down to the park on Saturday afternoon and checked out the entertainment. There wasn't all that much that we were interested in so we got some "mini donuts" and walked around the lake...sorry, Devon! After our long, for some, walk...we headed home for a scrumptious BBQ.

Next it was back to the park for more "mini donuts" and fireworks. Now, Monica was none too enthused about this second jaunt to the park. She could not figure out why she was out so late, strapped in her stroller, sitting and staring into the night sky.

Then it happened. The first firework fills up the sky which caused Monica's jaw to drop...followed by her using every word she knows to express her excitement, enjoyment and gratitude..."pretty"..."nice"..."gosh!"..."weeee!". She even blew kisses to the sky. It was another first that I felt so lucky to experience and couldn't help but feel extremely proud to be her mom.

We then walked back to the car...which took longer than it should have since none of us thought to make note of what street we were parked on. Figures!

Then on Sunday, we got to visit with....SANDI!!!!! I know, it surprised me too. It was great to see her again. If anyone is ever out by Humboldt check out the best coffee shop on earth. "Prairie Perk" is the name and Sandi is the owner. Now, you know its gotta be good!

So, that was that. Again, thanks Char and Devon (I hope I'm spelling that right) for coming to visit us. We had soooo much fun! We have to do that again real soon! And, Sandi...thanks for the visit and I can't wait to visit your shop!

Take care, all!

-Denise & Monica

4 Comments:

  • At 6/7/06 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Denise: I was feeling quilty that I hadn't commented before -so now here I am the first one!!

    Sounds like you and Monica are having a good summer - and lots of ice cream cones.

    We watched the fire works from the top of Earl's building on July 1st and they were nice but I think next year we will go to the park so we can see the low ones.

    I am looking forward to my holidays starting on July 21 for three weeks so you and Monica will have to come over for a visit (let me know so I can get some ice cream). Have a good day
    Marilyn

     
  • At 6/7/06 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok. 4 things.
    1. Now I really, really, really want those little donuts. Thanks. Thanks a lot.
    2. The whole Monica-fireworks thing sounds so cute.
    3. With all those exclamation points after "SANDI" it looked like "SAND!!!!!!!". I couldnt' figure out why you were so excited about sand, and why sand was suddenly a girl. I had to read it a couple times. Kinda funny. Maybe I'm just easily amused.
    4. I like coffee. If ever I'm in Humboldt (it could happen) I'll be sure to look her up.

    Speaking of fireworks, Jane watched the Canada Day fireworks from the US (via my webcam) and the Independence Day fireworks from Mexico (looking back over the border). She just has no luck whatsoever.

     
  • At 7/7/06 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, and you had even more ice cream yesterday afternoon little Monica! With your cousins and Papa this time.
    See you soon.
    Love
    Gammy

     
  • At 10/10/06 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok so it took me awhile to get caught up on all the blogs!
    Thanks for the plug!
    Can't wait to see you again!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home