Denise, Monica and Graeme, too!

Sunday, July 03, 2005

She's a crawlin' machine!

Ok, I know I've been reporting on Monica's crawling, but now she is REALLY crawling. Warning to Kelly and Jennelle....babies are FAST and that's an underestimation. Just when you think you've got a second, maybe even two...subtract that by one or two. Don't let Matthew fool you, either. He'll pretend he's interested in something while eyeing something else. Usually that something else is something he shouldn't touch. They're sneaky wee rascals. Why, just this morning, Monica was slowly creeping up on something (breakable, of course), she could hear me coming up behind her and she broke into a sprint. I am happy to report that Mum is quicker than baby girl thought.

So, we had a nice Canada Day long weekend. We spent, pretty well, all day with Andy on Friday. Sorry, I was not thinking and did not take any pictures. We went to noon mass, which was a very impressive Canada Day celebration. Grammy then treated us all to lunch at Houston Pizza. Thanks, Grammy. Later on in the day, after getting caught in a rain storm (Sorry, Andy. Who knew those clouds would catch up with us, huh?), Auntie Angela and the boys came over and we all partook in a BBQ. Thanks, Grampa...too bad you weren't feeling well.

And it was from this point that the weather went kinda downhill. I'm not going to report on what the weather forecast is for this week because I want it to stick this time. Monica and I are looking forward to taking a little trip to Saskatoon with Grammy and Grampa. We leave on Thursday and return on Sunday. We're excited to be staying in a hotel with a pool and doing some shopping. Maybe, if the weather is nice, and Grammy wants to, we will make a trip out to the Saskatoon Zoo. I haven't been there in many, many years, and I don't remember it being all that special, but maybe Monica would enjoy it.

So, that's all from us, I think. I'm looking forward to my gum surgery on Tuesday. Ah yes, I couldn't think of a better way to spend my time. At least it's a short procedure. I'm just not looking forward to those needles. I've witnessed many a patient receive needles in the two spots I'm going to get them and I've not seen one patient, yet, smile through it. Yes, believe it or not, there are better places than others in the mouth to receive a needle.

Ok, so enough out of me. Grammy is trying her darndest to give Monica the hiccups. If only she wouldn't have them for 3 hours afterwards.

Have a nice week, everyone!

-Denise & Monica

2 Comments:

  • At 4/7/05 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are a busy, busy bee these days baby Monica but sure lots of fun to be around..See you and Mum later...Have a good day..
    Gammy

     
  • At 5/7/05 1:50 PM, Blogger Kelly, Jennelle & Matthew said…

    Thanks for the heads up on the crawling thing! I already know Matthew will be a terror - his eyes are always focused on what he can't have i.e. hot coffee at Tim Horton's! I think I'll just rubberize my entire house and the back yard and make sure everything I bring into the nouse is lukewarm and unbreakable. Monica looks like such a happy baby, we can't wait to see you guys in a week or so.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home