Denise, Monica and Graeme, too!

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Monica is.....2!!!!!

Yup, October 9th is the big day. I can't believe how fast the past 2 years have gone. I'm sure I'll be saying this repeatedly on the occasion of every birthday. Still, it's amazing how much she has grown and the number things she has accomplished in her short life.

As pictured above, Monica has been enjoying her first birthday presents. She will get a few more over the next 2 days. She especially has enjoyed all the baking that I've been doing in her honour. I made a simple, 2 layer, white cake on Thursday for birthday party number 1. I just completed the BIG cake. The Blue's Clues cake really puts the first cake to shame. However, Monica may have had her fill of cakes. She is not throwing a temper tantrum over not being able to eat this latest cake.

Other than that, my home daycare is doing great. I'm really enjoying all of the children and they seem to love coming here. I am, of course, extremely tired by the end of the week, but I still look forward to seeing the children, again. Monica is not sure whether she should be happy or sad when they come and go. She is certainly having difficulty adjusting to sharing her mom and her things. All in all, though, she is enjoying the company of other children, but I could do with a few less temper tantrums! Did I mention she's 2?

Well, that's about all for now. I'll just ask again, for anyone who did not receive my prayer request email, that everyone keep my cousin in Scotland, Brian, in their prayers. He is in the hospital recovering from a terrible car accident. From the news we are receiving, he is still in a coma and has gone through surgery. Now, the doctors are waiting to see when and how he will come out of the coma. Please pray that he makes it ok.

Take care, everyone...God Bless!

-Denise & Monica

P.S. Happy Birthday, Brian D., on the 11th (or is it the 13th...hehe)! Happy Birthday, Megan, on the 29th!

13 Comments:

  • At 8/10/06 1:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Denise,

    The cake looks awesome! My mom always made us cakes like that (though not Blue's Clues) when we were little, and they are so fun to look back at. Glad to hear that daycare is going well, and I will keep your cousin in my prayers. Have a good one!

    Lisa

     
  • At 8/10/06 3:27 AM, Blogger Cameron83 said…

    Hi Denise,
    Thanks for your kind words on MY blog. You are sweet. And that cake looks sooo yummy. Congrats on that wonderful cake and celebrating Monica's birthday...how awesome is that? Take care and you've only just begun...to live...

    Bye,
    Cam

     
  • At 9/10/06 10:13 AM, Blogger Megan said…

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONICA!!!!!!

    Your cake looks great! Have fun with all your presents!

    ps. Thanks Denise for the birthday wish!

     
  • At 9/10/06 11:27 PM, Blogger b0rt said…

    Cake and presents, there is nothing better at that age!

    I want cake now...

     
  • At 9/10/06 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday Monica!
    Wow 2 already, time flies...
    Amazing cake Denise!!
    Want to come bake for the coffee shop?!
    Glad to hear the daycare going well! Hope to see you in Nov.

    Sandi

     
  • At 10/10/06 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We can hardly believe too that you are two years old already little Monica! It seems almost like yesterday that you were a tiny baby.
    Your Mum did a great job on your Blue`s Clue`s Cake and it tasted great! And are you lucky getting all those wonderful Birthday gifts!!
    You are a very loved and special girl.
    Talk to you tomorrow.
    Love
    Papa & Gammy (Gramz!!!!)

     
  • At 13/10/06 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY MONICA...........WOOW 2 yrs old already.
    That is an awesome Birthday Cake.......good job Denise.
    Have fun with all your Birthday toys Monica. I love the photos that you posted Denise.
    Brian is in our daily prayers.

    Sorry for being late for a very important date!!

     
  • At 14/10/06 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy, Happy Birthday Monica! Little late I know. I hope you had a great birthday and fun at both your parties!

    The Blues Clues cake really looks good Denise. I liked the progressive pictures to show the various stages. You did an awesome job and alot of work. Maybe you should do cake decorating on the side as well.

    Have a great weekend and see you on Monday!

    Lynette

     
  • At 26/11/06 9:11 PM, Blogger Jane said…

    Hey Denise!
    Sounds like, from your brief comment, that you're gonna be a household of business and fun this Christmas! I hope everything goes well and it's all good :). Andy told me about your idea of a video-speechy thing, and I think that sounds so cool...and I think that it's darned cool that your date is our wedding, that's nuts! Blessings everywhere! Hope you're doing well!
    Peace.

     
  • At 16/12/06 2:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Denise
    I so Appologize for not being able so see you guys in so long. Thought I would send ya a wee message this way....
    C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S
    1. Monica is 2
    2. The day care
    3. Baby # 2

    When are you and Roy due? How ya feeling? This is so wonderful for little wee Monica to have a little wee brother or sister. Hope to see you guys soon. Please call when ya's can.
    Lately things are SOOOO hectic so we would like to you three....ah four.....ok....wait..... like to see you guys BEFORE you have the baby......giggle

     
  • At 16/12/06 1:10 PM, Blogger Denise said…

    Hi Fran!

    Thanks for the comment, congraulations and, thank you, for announcing the big news before I had a chance to! :)

    I will be updating, hopefully, the week of Christmas as I'm shutting down the home daycare until after the holidays. I can't wait for a break!!!!

    I am due June 30th and I've been quite sick with morning sickness, as I was with Monica. Possibly another girl??

    Anyway, it was nice to hear from you. Hopefully, we can all get together soon.

    Merry Christmas!

     
  • At 18/12/06 10:28 PM, Blogger Fran said…

    Denise
    I so didn't mean to announce your news about the baby.I thought all knew.Im sorry to hear about the morning sickness, thats gotta been so hard.
    Other that the above its nice to know things are going well for you all.
    As it's a week before Christmas, I don't think that we would be seeing you all before yet I so hope we will soon. I miss getting to see wee Monica. I so know she is at a fun age right now...know what....??? Gets better and funnier too......all the best
    Fran

     
  • At 27/12/06 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey I saw this site and I can't picture who this is, can anyone help? www.jonathandenis.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home