Denise, Monica and Graeme, too!

Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Mother's Day that was...

So, if I was the devoted blogger that I claim to be...ok I don't claim myself to be any such thing...I would have posted a "Happy Mother's Day", on the day, but...well, who has got the time?

I had a fabulous Mother's Day. We started out with brunch at the Hotel Saskatchewan...thanks Bumpa...then, I was treated to an afternoon bike ride out to the Rick Hansen Optimist Playground for some fun and a picnic. It was a very relaxing day and the weather was brilliant!

Of course, I couldn't walk away from work. I multi-tasked throughout the day, booking appointments and sending emails to my newest business partners. That's one big drawback with working from home. It is near impossible to just shut the computer off and walk away! I am constantly checking my email and corresponding with business partners or prospective business partners. Ah well...at least I'm enjoying it!

This week we have been enjoying a heat wave! I got my first sunburn of the year, yesterday. So begins my summer of tanning via sunburns. I know, I know....wear sunscreen!!!! Monica does and I do, when I take the time to put it on. I did today, so there!

This weekend is the long weekend. We have Isaac's 1st birthday party to attend on Saturday and then I sing at church in the evening. Sunday is a free day, which will soon be filled up before it begins. Monday, we are looking forward to meeting Jane!!!! I hear Andy will be there too, but I'm not too sure...teehee...

Other than that, not much new to report.

"Happy Anniversary to Gammy and Bumpa" for tomorrow! Have fun you two crazy kids!

-Denise & Monica

Oh yea! Like my blonde hair, Megan???

7 Comments:

  • At 18/5/06 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the Wedding Anniversary wishes for tomorrow Denise!
    The newest pictures of you and Monica are great. Have a good visit with Andy and Jane on Monday.
    Talk to you tomorrow.
    Love
    Dad & Mum

     
  • At 19/5/06 1:42 AM, Blogger Megan said…

    HAHA! I was just going to comment on how great your hair looks and then I noticed your question! I really like you hair blonde. It really suits you!

    I also cannot believe how big Monica is getting!

    Wish your mom and dad a happy aniversary for me!!

     
  • At 21/5/06 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awesome photos of you & Monica. Love your hair.

     
  • At 23/5/06 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Denise/Monica!

    You and Monica look great in the pictures, she sure is getting big. I like your hair it looks great now is it true "Blondes" have more fun!
    Have a great week.

    Marilyn

     
  • At 24/5/06 4:37 PM, Blogger Megan said…

    Yes

    (haha)

     
  • At 24/5/06 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It was great seeing you again! Monica is growing like crazy! Holy moly. Yeah. Lots.

     
  • At 27/5/06 9:56 AM, Blogger Jane said…

    Hola Denise!
    It was awesome meeting you and Monica and Roy! I'm sorry I was so tired! Afternoon hit and I just felt like I should have a very long nap. Oi. I'm not normally that lethargic. Apparently afternoons on hot days nearly induce sleep in me. Next time we'll have to find a way around that :D.

    Hope you all're doing well!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home