Denise, Monica and Graeme, too!

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

It was only a matter of time...

I didn't post about this on Sunday since I was already posting enough pictures and I needed to post this picture when I made the announcement. Monica has now learned how to climb stairs and pull herself to standing. After not being around any stairs all weekend, while we were in Saskatoon, she came home and, in no time at all, she was climbing up the hallway stairs. I think 3 stairs is probably her limit right now, but I have to keep my eyes on her. It won't be long before she's trying to get up to the top level of the house.

Needless to say, we now have safety gates all over the place. Monica, of course, does not see any need for these useless pieces of equipment, and is quite ticked off. If I get a chance to take some video tonight, I will add it on to this post.

We just got back from a trip to the pool with John and Levi. I think Monica found it a tad bit overwhelming with all the people. Now that the school's are out, the pools are quite crowded and loud. Maybe we'll give the Lawson a try again. I don't think it gets quite as much major traffic due to the fact that it is, quite frankly, a boring pool.

Well, not much else is planned for this week. We'll get a chance to visit with Megan on Friday evening (and her mom and dad, of course), so we're really looking forward to that. Until then, we are just enjoying the weather and soaking up the sun.

Hope everyone's week is going well. Talk to you soon!

-Denise & Monica

Update: I have added a 2 minute video below. My intention was to record Monica climbing the stairs, but she was more interested in what I was doing with the camera. Oh well. We'll try again next time.

3 Comments:

  • At 14/7/05 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, you are on the move little Monica...Be careful though.. Be a good girl for Mum today and we`ll see you both later..
    Love
    Gammy

     
  • At 14/7/05 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Denise/Monica! I will try again my first message didn't go! Looks like there is no stopping Monica - she will soon be walking then the fun begins! I was on holidays last week which was a nice break now back to work. It sounds like the hallways were a big hit in Saskatoon. You two have a good day and try and stay COOL!

    Marilyn

     
  • At 16/7/05 2:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow did I ever have a lot of catching up to do! I had to go all the way back to May. I love the photos and commentaries. I sure have missed you guys. I really love the Holly Hobby outfit. Monica you are such a beautiful little girl and growing up so fast! Mum mum better look out cause I think Monica's goin' straight from crawling, skipping walking and will just start running soon! I'm leaving for holidays soon so we should try to get together before I go. I saw Lynette tonight (she looks great!) I guess your group is doing music for a wedding tomorrow too! I'm doing music for a wedding right after you guys finish mass. So I'll see you there!
    sandi b

     

Post a Comment

<< Home