Denise, Monica and Graeme, too!

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Back from S'toon...

And we had a great time! Thanks Grammy and Grampa for taking us with you! Monica especially enjoyed the new home we lived in while there. She loved roaming in the hallway. In the mornings, just like a dog/cat, she would sit at the hotel room door whining for me to let her out. We had many an argument when her reluctance to eat was solely due to her desire to get back out into the hallway to play. *Note: To anyone else who is travelling and planning to stay in a hotel with a young baby...bring outlet plugs. I'm glad I did!

Monica and I were even able to get out for our regular morning walks. I really enjoyed walking along the river. I'm going to miss that. After our morning walks, we would head down to the pool, which was especially nice since the weather was quite hot. The pool water was frigid, but that didn't stop Monica trying to crawl back in each time I took her out.

On Friday, the hottest day of the year, we went to the Saskatoon Zoo with Grammy(Grampa was working). We really enjoyed it, but the heat was pretty unbearable, so we only lasted a couple hours. We ended our excursion with a visit to the monkey house which was air conditioned...*phew*. Monica laughed and waved at the monkeys.

Other than that, we did some mall browsing, but didn't buy anything. We did make a trip out to the Berry Barn which Monica enjoyed...until I would not let her crawl off of the deck onto the brick patio. I did not forsee that ending favourably.

Well, I'm sure that's all for now. Below, I have posted a 2 minute video of Monica swimming in the hotel pool. The picture quality isn't that great because of the lights reflecting off of the water, but it's not bad for a first attempt at including some video of little Monica. Thanks to Jennelle and Kelly for the idea, which I got from their blog.

Have a great week, everyone!

-Denise & Monica

2 Comments:

  • At 11/7/05 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We enjoyed having you and Mum along with us Monica....Thank you for taking me to the zoo..Don`t worry Monica, we are off to another hotel in two weeks and another one after that!! Just think, more hallways to roam in..
    You and Mum have a good, safe day and keep away from the stairs by yourself little baby! ....See you both later..
    Love
    Gammy

     
  • At 11/7/05 11:11 AM, Blogger Cameron83 said…

    That was soooo cute to see Monica in the water. It made me think, if that is what a baby feels like in a womb...echoey, watery...etc...you hear noise but it's from the outside world...I personally don't remember that time in my life...I was kicked out early at just 7 months...I guess there was no more womb for me(get it? No more womb...no more room)...ha ha ha...uh...er...anyhow. Maybe I will end now, and uh, leave my jokes in my mind.

    I am enjoying my 2 days off and get back to work tomorrow. I am now a Housekeeping Trainer, and got a raise after one month so that is cool. Beautiful weather here. Anyways, I will end for now. Take care y'all, y'hear(from Beverly Hillbillies)...

    Cam

     

Post a Comment

<< Home