Denise, Monica and Graeme, too!

Friday, June 17, 2005

Today is beach day!

So, Monica is fast asleep. Yes, all on her own. She doesn't know it yet, but I'm sure I'll hear her as soon as she notices I'm gone. Just thought I would take a moment and give you people something to read during your Friday morning coffee break.

Well, Thursday ended up being very busy for us. We started out bright and early with our walk. Which Monica sang through most of and only fell asleep the last 20 minutes. So much for thinking it would be a good first nap of the day for her. She never does what I expect of her...*shrug*... I know, I better get used to it.

Next, it was on to Grampa's office so that Grammy could watch Monica for me while I typed an important email. All this happened before noon. We got home and Monica allowed me time to have a shower. I thought my window of opportunity had been closed, but thanks to the miracle of satellite tv and an array of time zones, "Mr. Dressup" was on again at 12:00pm!!!! *phew*

Then Monica had a feeding and a nap. Awwww...I like when she takes a feeding and a nap easily. Afterwards, we made plans with Auntie Angela (and company) to take a trip out to the beach today. It's gonna be a hot one. We're looking forward to it. I even have a nice sun dress picked out for Monica to wear. Plus, a second one to change her into after she gets the first one dirty in the sand.

This is where our day took an unexpected turn. We're sitting in the kitchen around 1:15ish. I'm feeding Monica her lunch. Meanwhile I'm thinking to myself..."what am I supposed to be doing right now?" DING! I had an appointment to take the car in for servicing at 1:00pm. You'd think the note on the fridge would have reminded me. So, I call there to apologize and reschedule. Fortunately, they bumped us down to 2:30pm.

Ok, so, of course, we get there and surprise, surprise my car has reached the amount of kilometres which indicates more than just an oil change and inspection. We're informed that this will take about an hour and a half!!! Yea, like Monica is gonna wait around for that. So, being the quick thinking person I am,*cough*, I decide to grab Monica's stroller from the trunk so we can go for another walk. I'm glad I remembered Monica's hat and sunscreen.

We walked from Saturn at Broad and 1st(?) Ave. to the Northgate Mall. Monica and I had a good late lunch/early supper at the food court. Well, Monica watched, really. Then we did some light...very light...shopping and then headed back to Saturn. We were just approaching the dealership when my cell phone rang. It was Curtis (our friendly service guy) letting us know that the car was ready. We had successfully killed an hour and a half. High-fives all around!

So, Monica and I are pooped. We still had a couple other errands to run after picking up the car, so I'm guessing this is all contributing to Monica sleeping so well without Mum-Mum beside her. *phew* I feel like I relived the whole day in just typing that.

Alrightee then. I'm going to watch some tv. I know, it's unbelieveable and amazing all at the same time. I never, I repeat, never get a chance to just sit down and watch television. Actually, maybe I'll read a book.

Enjoy your Friday, everyone!

-Denise & Monica (ZZzzzZzzz...)

*update: I really shouldn't speak so soon. Stay tuned to hear if we ever actually made it out to the beach. I'll ask this one more time...what is up with this weather??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home