Denise, Monica and Graeme, too!

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Thursday already??

Boy! The weeks just fly by...it's almost scary and confusing to those of us who rarely know what day of the week it is. Well, I guess that means Monica and I are keeping ourselves busy and having fun.

So, the weather is resembling summer-like conditions, finally! We're hoping that it sticks around this time. I'm going to bump our walks up to earlier in the mornings rather than around noon time, just to ensure that we get our walks in each day. I'm guessing that with 30C temperatures it may get too hot later on in the days to be out walking around. Especially for Monica laying in her stroller with the sun beating down her. She does have a canopy, a hat and sunscreen, but I still I think it may be a bit uncomfortable for her. This way we can move our pool time into the afternoon. Perfect way to spend a hot afternoon!

Monica has graduated to allowing mum a 1/2 hour, every morning, without complaint, to have a peaceful shower and get a few other things done. This is, of course, as long as she can still see where I am and if either "Mr. Dressup" or "nanalan'" is on the television. Right now "Zoboomafoo" is on, so she's actually giving me some unexpected time to type this post. Thanks, Missy-boo!

So, I've forgotten what happened on Sunday that was so exciting that I was going to report on. Ummm, well I guess it was our early celebration for 'Father's Day'! Grammy treated the "boys" to brunch at the Hotel Saskatchewan. Yummy! Later on in the day, we attended the commissioning of the 2005 third year candidates to the lay ministry. A good family friend, Shane, was being commissioned as a lay minister. It was a lovely mass, great music and Miss Monica was a perfect angel. Well, there were moments that she has requested I don't mention. Anyway, congratulations, Shane, on your hard work over the past 3 years and good luck and blessings on your work as a lay minister.

Ok, so Monica is telling me we should be finishing our feeding and heading out on our walk. No, Grammy, we won't go on the bike path this early, so don't worry. We're going to walk down Dorothy St. on to Sherwood Dr. and into Westhill. We'll be safe!

Have a great day everyone!

-Denise & Monica

2 Comments:

  • At 16/6/05 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Again, Congratulations Shane!

     
  • At 16/6/05 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I`m happy to know that you are making sure you will both be safe Denise..
    Enjoy your walk..
    Mum C

     

Post a Comment

<< Home