Denise, Monica and Graeme, too!

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Slow news week...

Other than Monica crawling up a storm, I'm really at a loss for interesting things to write about.

We've been having a great week. Of course, we've been getting out and enjoying the weather as much as possible. And, I know none of you will ever believe this, but I've even managed to get a tan! Well, on my arms mostly, but now that it is finally hot enough for shorts, my legs should come along nicely. Yes, I consider this an odd subject as well.

I did forget to mention earlier this week that Monica and I had another opportunity to visit with Andy on Monday. We love when he comes to town and Monica is quite taken with him. It takes her no time at all to warm up to him. Unfortunately, yes as usual, the camera was not in working condition, so no photo. Sorry, Andy. I know you wanted to see your face pasted across my blog again. Maybe when you're in town on Canada Day!?!

Yesterday, we did make it out to the pool. Monica lasted 45 minutes in the pool, which is major progress for her. However, her cousins were none too impressed when they had to leave after only 45 minutes. Don't worry, guys. We'll go again, soon.

Tomorrow is another appointment with the Occupational Therapist. Monica has really been struggling these past couple weeks. I think her level of demand has doubled recently and it has become increasingly difficult for me to keep her content. I can always calm her and keep her happy, but it sure is taking a whole lot of effort, again. We'll see what the therapist says, but I figure there are bound to be setbacks. Everyone says I should enjoy all the attention and closeness she craves from me now because in a few years she'll want nothing to do with me. Well, I sure hope not, but I do want her to become a strong and independent little girl.

Well, I should end this and sneak back to bed before Monica wakes up. We hope everyone is still having a good week. It's almost over! Thanks to anyone who offered to keep Monica and I company this week while Grammy and Grampa have been away. It's not that we wouldn't like to visit, but our schedule usually doesn't permit a whole lot of visiting (especially not in the evenings). We also don't want to be a burden on anyone. Besides, we've enjoyed our Monica and Mum-mum week.

-Denise & Monica

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home