Denise, Monica and Graeme, too!

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Happy Father's Day & Isaac's Baptism Day!

It's funny how all the stops are pulled out for Mother's Day and Father's Day kinda just gets a nod and life continues as normal. Oh well. Happy Father's Day, anyway, to Grampa and Uncle Todd!

Well, we had a busy weekend. Last night was my music group's last regularly scheduled mass time. We will play a couple times over the summer, but other than that we're off the hook for the summer. Woo hoo, no more weekly practices, err, I mean shucks, no more weekly practices.

Following mass, Don and Grace (two of the members from our group) had us all over for a BBQ. A great time was had by all and Lynette kept herself under control. Well, Monica and I left early, so I can't report on how the rest of the evening played out. I'm sure I'll hear ALL about it (Tee hee, Lynette. You get harrassed too much. It's just cuz we love you so much).

Today was Isaac's baptism. It was held at the Holy Rosary Cathedral. It was a nice celebration with 11 babies being baptized. Afterwards, we were invited over to Todd and Angela's for donuts and cold drinks. Monica had a great time both at the church and at Uncle Todd and Auntie Angela's. She didn't even mess up her new dress.

This evening I took my bike for a spin with the new "chariot" on the back. I wanted to give it a try first without Monica in it, so as to learn how to navigate it. It's going to be great taking Monica for bike rides. Hopefully, she will enjoy it, but I think she will be scared the first couple times. It's a pretty fancy, schmancy buggy. It really is called the "chariot", so now Princess Monica's chariot really will await. And, of course, a huge thank you goes out to Grampa for this new piece of equipment that we will enjoy.

So, it's just about bedtime for us. Right now I'm listening to Monica practicing her new noise. Grammy has taught her how to talk/quack like Donald Duck. No, really. She sounds exactly like him. She is very proud of herself. There is no limit to this little girl's talents.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. This week is gonna be a hot one. Of course, we all know that now that I have made that announcement the weather forecast will change overnight.

-Denise & Monica

P.S. We did make it out to the beach on Friday (see pictures below). The day turned out to be very hot and humid. Monica, err, enjoyed(?) herself. If it hadn't been for all the sand and water, I think she would have really, really enjoyed it. Note to self: never sit Monica down on sand.

2 Comments:

  • At 20/6/05 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Denise/Monica! Nice pictures of Monica in her sundress/hat and also of Isaac's baptism. Looks like you did make it to the beach and a good time was had by all except maybe not Monica - it looked like John and Levi were having fun. I know your on your own this week if you get lonely give me a call, the weather is suppose to be hot so get out the pool. Have a good day.

    Marilyn

     
  • At 25/6/05 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well Denise I can honestly say that there is nothing exciting to report from the wind-up after you left. I behaved myself for the rest of the evening. Even though Don got out the Jamaican Rum - (this was for Rick's throat but I tried some too). It was surprisingly pretty smooth and good for whatever ails you. Cheers!

    Guess who?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home