Denise, Monica and Graeme, too!

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Let's see...

So, I'm now venturing into the world of blogging. Yippee!! Monica is sitting beside me playing with her blocks, so the count is on for how long she will give me to sit here and type.

We have a somewhat busy day ahead of us today. We head off to the Regina General Hospital in a few minutes for appointment number 2 with our Occupational Therapist. Monica has been diagnosed as a "high need/sensory defensive baby", so we're attempting to find a way to help her out. Basically, she is a very stressed baby who is finding it very difficult to settle in her new world. What is the possible cause of this, well, there are a few theories. My stressful pregnancy which, no doubt, affected Monica while still in the womb. Her stressful birth and stay in N.I.C.U.. Her bout with seizures while in N.I.C.U., and the fact that she has been in a very stressful situation from the very beginning. That and the fact that she has a mother with the middle name "stressed", this all helps out with developing that trait for her....

Well, Monica says I gotta go, so I gotta go. I'll finish this later...not sure when, but later!

-Denise

2 Comments:

  • At 28/4/05 10:04 AM, Blogger Kelly, Jennelle & Matthew said…

    We're keeping you in our prayers. Good luck! :-)

     
  • At 28/4/05 10:38 AM, Blogger Cameron83 said…

    Howdy Ho Monica and Denise,
    Good to see ya yesterday. Susan was so disappointed she didn't get to see ya. And Monica is soooo cute. Next time I sing A SPOONFUL OF SUGAR(from MARY POPPINS) I will try to know the correct words. See ya later,
    Cam...CONGRATULATIONS on your BLOG!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home